You’re in the midst of the last significant revenue generating opportunity of the year, so you may not be thinking yet about 2015 planning, but you should begin the process. Marketing is dynamic, which doesn’t mean that change for change sake should be your goal, but instead that adapting to fluctuating audience preferences makes solid business sense.
There is no place for rigid thinking when it comes to promotion, even if your preferred premise is simplicity and consistency. Flexibility and simplicity are not mutually exclusive, in fact, they complement one another beautifully!
Points to ponder as 2014 winds down and 2015 waits in the wings:
- What worked for you in 2014?
- Did one or more of your marketing promotions produce particularly good results? What element of that campaign did the trick, in your estimation?
- What seemed like a good idea but didn’t work so well?
- Have you added new products or services that deserve promotion?
- Have you dropped products or services over the last year?
- Do you have a vision for 2015? A theme, perhaps? A desire to reposition or reinforce your marketing messaging?
No doubt you’re getting the drift of what I’m saying, here. Between juggling client appointments, ensuring great services continue to be delivered in your spa, salon, massage therapy or esthetics practice, allow your mind to wander into the marketing realm and begin the assessment, adjustment, and planning you’ll need to lay the foundation for a successful 2015.