Why Hasn’t My Client Received His Email?
Many factors affect the delivery of an email:
- The email address may have been entered incorrectly
- Sometimes emails are routed to Spam or Junk mail folders
- Email addresses from a large corporation or educational institution may have strict email policies that impede delivery
To start with, you should ask your client to check his spam or promotions folders. Commonly, client actually do receive their email, but are unaware of how it was sorted by their email service.
Next, It's helpful to clarify with your client which email is missing. When a gift certificate is sold, there are two emails clients may be expecting.
- Receipt email - This is always sent to the purchaser and documents the cost and successful purchase of the gift certificate. This receipt will also include a link to print the gift certificate if the purchaser chose the "print" delivery option.
- Delivery email - This is sent to the recipient of the gift certificate if the "email" delivery option was selected. This will include a link to print the gift certificate.
Consult the following sections for the respective email.