SEO for Spas, Salons and Massage Therapists
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is the broad term for techniques to optimize your website to attract search traffic from Google and other search engines.
What makes Dynamic Spa Websites SEO-friendly?
The SpaBoom Dynamic Websites platform is built for SEO from the ground up. Although these issues are technical in nature, they're important to maximize the benefit of your website. Here's some examples:
- Automatic submission: every time your Dynamic Website content is updated, either from content changes, menu changes, new events, etc. SpaBoom automatically pings Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask notifying them of your changes.
- Sitemaps are the blueprint of your website, showing search engines where to go on your site. SpaBoom automatically creates and updates your website sitemap, maximizing the indexing by search engines of your website.
- Duplicate content: search engines hate finding the same content at multiple URLs on a website. This is a common problem in small business websites, where, for example, the home page appears at both "www.synergyspa.com" and "www.synergyspa.com/index.html". Other sites linking to synergyspa.com will sometimes use one of those URLs, and sometimes the other one, splitting the value of those incoming links in half. SpaBoom automatically resolves duplicate content issues.
- Mobile optimized: SpaBoom automatically detects smartphones and delivers a mobile optimized version of your website from the same domain, avoiding duplicate content issues and problems with sharing your website between handhelds and desktops. People always see the version best optimized for their current device.
- Meta tags: It's amazing how many self-proclaimed SEO experts will tell you that the keyword meta tag is the most important thing on your website. The truth is that search engines stopped using the keyword meta tag years ago, and that the wrong use of meta tags actually reduces the ranking of your website by causing the duplicate content filter to kick in. The same meta tags on every page contributes to Google thinking that the pages are not unique. SpaBoom implements the correct, limited use of meta tags.
- Page IDs/file names are powerful for SEO, and should contain the keywords that you're targeting for your site. For example, instead of "www.synergyspa.com/12?p=1", you want page names like "www.synergyspa.com/spa-instant-gift-certificate".
- Redirects: SpaBoom has an easy-to-use redirect feature which we use on every new site that we develop. When a old page is replaced with a new one, a redirect must be put in place so that Google doesn't go looking for the old page and think that your website isn't being well-maintained.
- Automatic new content: One of things Google loves to see is websites that naturally grow in size, consistently over time. SpaBoom's built-in marketing campaigns always keep your Dynamic Website current and relevant, and those campaigns automatically create new pages on your site to keep it growing.
And we don't stop there: our development team constantly monitors the changing SEO landscape, updating our platform to take advantage of the latest SEO techniques — changes that immediately benefit your Dynamic Website.
These are all issues that you shouldn't have to worry about. And with a SpaBoom Dynamic website, you don't.
What about keywords?
Our design process for your website content is focused on the keywords important to your business. We enhance your content to target your keywords to position your spa with the best on-site optimization.